Year End Giving
Bethel’s Accounting Office on the San Jose Campus will be open until 5 pm on Friday, December 29th to receive your final 2017 gifts. We will be able to receive your donations during Sunday(Dec 31st) services at 9:15 and 11 am. Checks written in and dated in December 2017 and deposited in the mail as well as postmarked in December 2017 will be reported as a 2017 contribution even if they are not received by the church until January 2018.
Online Giving, Smart Giving (Text to Give), and Giving Statements
Contributions charged on a donor’s bank credit card are deductible in the year the donor makes the charge. EFT Electronic Funds Transfer is a safe and efficient process for making donations. The benefits include:
- No paper checks are required.
- Contributions are paid automatically from your bank account.
- Contributions can be scheduled in advance.
- Contributions are made on the day you specify.
- It eliminates the risk of payments getting lost.
- Transactions are secure and confidential.
Debit Card, Credit Card and EFT donations can be made through Bethel’s Online Giving page at www.bethel.org/give. You can also text to ‘45888’, message ‘$1000 Bethel’ (or the amount you would like to give) to give electronically through smart giving. Login to Bethel Community to see the contributions you have made to Bethel Church in 2017.
Contributions of stock to Bethel Church are gratefully accepted. The tax benefits -- which include deducting the amount of the charitable donation AND escaping the unrealized gains on the donated stock which has been held for over a year- come from the fact that the deduction for a donation of property to charity is equal to the property's current fair market value. And when the donated property is an investment, the donor does not have to recognize the capital gain. These rules create a "double play" of tax benefits: a charitable deduction AND avoiding tax on the unrealized capital gains of the donated property.
Information for your broker:
- Bethel Church of San Jose account number with Fidelity Investments: X05204544
- Fidelity Investments DTC#: 0226
- Fidelity Investments Phone #1-800-544-6666
Please provide Bethel Church with instructions for distributing the proceeds of your stock contributions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 408-246-6790 x203, or by mail to Bethel Church, Attn: Accounting, 1201 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128.
- Example #1: all funds are tithe
- Example #2: 90% are tithe, 10% are for General Missions
- Example #3: $500 to tithe remainder to General Missions
May God richly bless you as you consider your end of the year giving.
Bethel Church Treasurer