Bethel School of Leadership is an intensive leadership-training experience. Discover your purpose, increase your influence, be equipped with quality education and engage your world with practical leadership experience.
We strategically intertwine your academic growth with immediate application through “hands-on” ministry experience. Develop your influence so you can have significant impact.
Whether you select the Full-time or Flex program, you will be able to choose from a variety of emphases including children, youth, young adults, media, worship, and church leadership.
In the development of an impacting leader, intellectual development is important. In I Timothy, Paul charges Timothy to study to show himself approved. While enrolled in BSL, you will work on your educational goals by attending a local college or university of your choosing. See below to learn about our Northwest Partnership Program.
Designed for high school graduates who would like to develop their leadership skills while pursuing their educational goals.
25 hours per week of practicum, practical leadership development, and one on one mentoring from pastor(s)/director(s).
Designed for those who are married, have children, or are over 25 years old and self-supporting.
We realize that there are many individuals who desire to continue their growth at later stages in life. This option is for the adult learner who desires to increase their leadership capacity and continue their educational goals.
10 hours per week of practicum, practical leadership development, and one on one mentoring from pastor(s)/director(s).
Those enrolled in the Bethel School of Leadership have the option to study through Northwest University's Church Partnership Program. Northwest is an accredited private Assemblies of God university. Students enrolled in Northwest classes will have two designated mornings per week where they will work on their studies on-site at Bethel Church.
Northwest offers a special tuition rate to those who are a part of Bethel School of Leadership. Tuition is $1300 each semester plus $298/credit (classes are 3 credit hours each). Your time spent as a Bethel School of Leadership student counts for an additional 3 credits each semester for a ministry practicum and is free of charge. Complete the FAFSA and include Northwest University's code: 003783 to see what financial aid package you could receive.
- Associate in Arts (AA) (60 credits)
- Associate in Ministry Leadership (AML) (60 credits)
- Bachelor of Arts in Ministry Leadership (BAML) (120 credits)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (PSYC) (120 credits)
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Management (BABM) (120 credits)
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management (BAOM) (120 credits)
- Thriving and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Actively involved in a local church
- Graduated from High School or equivalent
Tuition covers all BSL classes including books and travel throughout the school year (BSL tuition is separate from Northwest and/or college tuition).
- Make 8 monthly payments of $250 (due on the following: Sept 1, Oct 1, Nov 1, Dec 1, Jan 1, Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 1).
- Bi-Annual Payments ($1,300 by Sept 1st/$700 by Jan 1st)
- Pay the full $2,000 tuition prior to the start of the school year, or
ALL of the following must be completed and received before you are considered for acceptance into the Bethel School of Leadership. There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Personal Information
- Spouse Information (if applicable)
- Parental Information
- Home Church Information & Church Involvement
- Academic Information
- Employment & Financial Information
- Letter of Intent and Essay
- Dating Guidelines Agreement
- Pledge of Honor Agreement
- General Guidelines Agreement
- Pastoral Reference
- Personal Reference (completed by someone who is not related to you and 25 years or older)
- Complete Tuition Payment Plan
- Admissions Interview
- All official academic transcripts forwarded to:
BETHEL CHURCH OF SAN JOSE
Bethel School of Leadership
1201 South Winchester Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95128
Fall Application Deadline: July 1st
Spring Application Deadline: Nov. 15th
BETHEL SCHOOL OF LEADERSHIP DIRECTORS
Pastor Matt and Pastor Lynn Clayton have served in youth ministry since 1996 and began their pastoral adventure in 2000. Both Pastor Matt and Pastor Lynn have their Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communications from California State University Stanislaus as well as their Certificate of Ordination with the Assemblies of God. They have been married since 2000 and have two children, a son, Isaiah and a daughter, Mikaiah. They currently have the privilege of serving as Next Gen Pastors and directors of the Bethel School of Leadership at Bethel Church. They have 18+ years of experience in ministry areas such as youth, young adults and church leadership.
Their mission is to build life-giving environments that connect people to Jesus to lead like Him. Jesus is their passion and people are their priority. Together they desire to invest their lives into others and are dedicated to the development of those around them, empowering people to influence the world for Jesus.